Monday 23 October 2017

Finsbay, Milngavie

Finsbay, in Milngavie, was a spontaneous choice for lunch before visiting Kilmardinny Loch (or the Gruffalo Trail, review here).  It was Saturday lunchtime and seemed popular as it was fairly busy.


They were able to accommodate the buggy at our table.  The decor is young, trendy and fun (a bit mid-century modern, I'd say).  There was an aquarium at the back, on the way to the toilet, which we went up to have a look at a few times.  The staff were welcoming to Angus but there's no children's menu; which is odd as there are toys for children to play with.

Angus had soup; he loves soup and our food was tasty too.  The drinks selection was good too.  I can't quite put my finger on it but I don't think I'd go back though.  Perhaps the service was a little slow, despite being friendly.  Perhaps it felt a little stuffy.  I just didn't feel that relaxed.  I think that, despite some toys and books, really it's a grown ups venue and best to leave it to them.

The toilets and baby change were fine.  We parked in the Marks and Spencer's car park for free.  The cafe is close to the town centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment