Tuesday 10 October 2017

Baby 'n' You Beginners Baby Yoga

Organised fun for babies starts early...with Douglas (baby #2), I enjoyed this block of classes so much I did it twice!

Baby 'n' You is an independent business run by Suzy out of the Scout Hall in Dowanhill.  With Angus, I did Baby Massage and Baby Calm, followed by Beginners Baby Yoga, all of which I recommend.

I was worried that I wouldn't be able to manage Baby Yoga as I have problems with my back, but the focus is mainly on the baby.  Both my babies loved it and I'm trying my best to keep up bits at home with Douglas; although it's mainly the bits for assisting windy tummies I practice!  The difficulty of the moves build up over the four weeks.

Suzy is very welcoming; I find the fact she's a paediatric nurse very reassuring and useful when I've had questions about the boys.  The classes as a whole are warm and friendly, through the time for tea at the end of each session, I've made good friends as well as starting my journey into Mum Life as I bump into these mums around and about.  I think this is a unique aspect to these classes and a great touch.

The sessions are quite fast-paced, which seems daunting at first but I picked up the moves and the songs quickly.  There's a good balance of simple moves, more complicated ones, quiet time, props and songs.

With Angus I remember sitting out in the garden, drinking tea and chatting in the sun...no luck with this maternity leave.

Since then parking restrictions have come in, which means you can't pop down to Byres Road and continue the party in a cafe or nip to the shops as easily.  You can still park for free nearby.  Obviously there's a baby change!  The price for the block seems quite high at first but it keeps the class sizes smaller which I prefer.


No comments:

Post a Comment