Tuesday 7 February 2017

Cafe Nero - Braehead

Living in Glasgow, I'm not a fan of big chains when there are so many great independents about.  You can't point to one in Braehead though, so after a bit of trial and error, this is my top pick.

Cafe Nero doesn't have the best location - next to H&M on the top floor, stuck in a corner.  They've tried to give it a terrace and an outdoors-feel but you can clearly see you are wedged in a corner of a large shopping centre.  Having said that the chairs, booths and decor are cosy, comfy, clean and plentiful.  It's only at top peak time that it's hard to get a seat.  I will also endorse the Motown tunes being played on our last visit (not too loud that you can't chat either).


Why this branch scores top marks is how friendly and helpful the staff are. I started going when Angus was just weaning and they don't mind the mess made and help bring over things.  On this visit, they pointed out I could get a bigger mocha if I had a single shot (yes, please).  Babycinos are on the house.  You can tell that people go in daily and weekly just because of the service.

My extra Braehead tips are the baby change/feeding area in the middle of the centre on the top floor; much nicer than the other locations.  If your child is into bus, truck and car watching (sometimes a plane too), they will enjoy the view from the Starbucks in Next Home.  It is often quieter than other places and the staff have given me a cup to help myself from the milk jugs for Angus before.

Don't forget to check out the play park behind the centre on the Clyde too (although often locked up).  It has a very realistic ship, which Angus adores.

No comments:

Post a Comment