Monday 15 May 2017

Wagamama

We have visited several branches of Wagamama and received exactly the same level of service and quality of food at each, so I'm lumping them all in together in this review!


Angus (and Mummy and Daddy) all love a Wagamama.  I used to find it too much for lunch but now I order from the children's menu and that's perfect.  Angus always has grilled fish with noodles and I have the chicken katsu curry.  All the children's dishes are served with sweetcorn, grated carrot and grated courgette.  Babycinos are free but they charge for milk (!).  It feels very healthy, especially when we get edamame to share (I feel very Smug Mum, when my toddler sits there demanding more green beans are popped into his mouth!).  The quality of food is always identical and excellent.


I think a lot of people with toddlers walk straight past Wagamama believing there's nothing here for them but Angus enjoyed the food as soon as we were past the packed lunch stage of weaning.  If you're worried about the salt content, just whip the bowl of sauce away as soon as it arrives at the table.

The dishes are £4-5 each in our neck of the woods.


The baby change facilities are always clean and well-located.  You do have to watch out as some of the seating arrangements aren't the most suitable for a toddler (high-up stools etc.) but every branch I've been to has a range of different tables, so just ask.  A lot of the branches have the Mountain Buggy Pod high chairs, which clamp on to the table; if I had known about them before I bought our high chair, I would have got one.  It is so nice to have your child sat right up at the table with you.

Service is always brisk but friendly.  I never feel rushed even though I always think of Wagamama as being fairly like a fast food restaurant.

Our most frequently visited restaurants are Silverburn and Glasgow city centre but we've also been to Glasgow Fort and Croydon.  The Silverburn restaurant is in the Winter Garden, so very light and bright but still quite secluded, I don't feel like I'm eating in a shopping centre too much.  (Going here means I can tie in doing some chores and getting to the library to change our books too).  The city centre restaurant is very handy when we're in town but much busier.  Glasgow Fort is usually busy too and we have also been put in some out of the way corners before.  It is one of the best options at the mall though.

No comments:

Post a Comment