Monday 20 March 2017

Bag O'Nails

 A friend recommended this pub in Partick as a good lunch spot.  The Bag O'Nails is in the old Partick Tavern, right on Dumbarton Road.  It's USP for families is that children make their own pizzas (for £4.95, I think).  I've been told that they get a chef's hat but Angus didn't.  I would also say that if you were meeting a big bunch of mum chums, the place could comfortably hold lots of buggies.

Angus made his own pizza and chose sweetcorn and meatballs to go on top.  You can see the process below.


Gareth had a pizza too and I had the soup of the day, which was split pea and cumin.  I noticed that they had a good range of alcohol-free beer, including West Nix, too late.  Gareth's pizza was on the greasy side with a tasty base and my soup was lumpy.  Angus liked his pizza and the waitress kindly packed up the leftovers for us.  Service was friendly although there was only one person on for the Monday lunch time.  My friend had said the burgers were good.  Pizzas are £7.50-£9.75 and burgers £8.50-£9.95.  I think you can find better value nearby.

The pub is clearly trying to be as family-friendly as it can and doing a good job.  We parked just off Gardner Street easily, so there was a little walk but nothing we couldn't cope with and combined it with looking in the the model shop window and exchanging our books at Partick Library.  The toilets were child-friendly and the baby change was clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment